Let’s face it, it’s 2020 and if you’re like most people, not much has gone to plan. Maybe you were crushing your fitness and nutrition goals and then, well COVID.
Something comes up, and it doesn’t even have to be something big, and all of a sudden we’re off track. Our normal habits are interrupted.
If this describes you, we promise you are not alone!
Whether you fell off during quarantine or took a break for the summer, we’re going to share with you 5 simple ways you can get back on track working towards your goals.
- COMMIT: We all have that reason that we started our fitness journey. We call that your “WHY”. Maybe you wanted to get off a medication, loose some weight or just look better in your clothes. Or maybe you wanted to make the commitment to be healthy for your family long term. Whatever that reason was, just taking some time to acknowledge it can help you get back on track. Thinking about this WHY can help you keep going when you want to give up.
- DO: Now that you’ve rediscovered your WHY, it’s time to make the decision to start. Don’t give yourself the opportunity to make another excuse. What does that look like? Maybe it’s just taking a walk, or heading to the gym. Or it could simply be reaching out to someone for some advice on how to get started. The point is, you have to start sometime, so do it NOW. You can adjust the plan as you go along.
- SMALL WINS: When we break promises we’ve made to ourselves it just doesn’t feel good. So how do we change that? Small positive actions. Maybe a new morning routine? Changing one bad habit? Then keep building on those small changes to help you overcome bad habits and bring you closer to your goals.
- TIME MANAGEMENT: Yep, we said it. You’ve got to plan out your day for success. It won’t be perfect at first and that’s fine because no one starts out a master. It can be as simple as writing out a list of things you need to do for the day or penciling in your calendar. Either way, this will help you succeed and you will likely find time for things you thought you didn’t have. This also reinforces the actions that you need to take to work towards your goals. And this helps you build momentum and gain confidence, see above!
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Share your goals with someone and have them help you stick to your plan. It can be as simple as a text message to a friend. Or maybe find someone to workout with you.
The good news is that you are not alone. Here at Power Athletics, we are committed to showing you how you can be your best Mind, Body and Spirit. We have helped over a thousand people improve their health and reach their goals.
If you need help reaching your goals, Reach Out!