Have you ever tried to implement portion control but weren’t exactly sure how?
Did you know that we eat about 300 more calories every day than we did in 1985? When you consider there are 3,500 calories in a pound, you can see how fast these extra calories add up.
So, how are you supposed to figure out the “right” portion sizes for your body and goals? Sure, you could weigh and measure your food. But maybe that’s not the best place to start. But at the same time, eating the right foods in the right amounts can play a HUGE role in reaching your goals.
That’s why we’ve created this free ebook – to help you keep portion sizes under control without calorie-counting or accidentally overeating.
Here’s the link to download your FREE copy << CLICK HERE
Inside, you’ll find:
- Tons of helpful information on portion sizes for different foods
- Tips on how to “decode” serving sizes
- And a printable guide to keep you on track without portion containers or scales!
We hope you find it super helpful!!
And, if you think this guide would also be helpful to any of your friends or coworkers, feel free to forward this blog post to them!
Now that you’ve downloaded the guide, let’s outline a super simple formula you can use to put those portions into practice at mealtime.
Now, obviously, this depends on your goals and activity level, but it’s a basic rule of thumb you can follow as you put together your meals.
BONUS: This will simplify meal planning AND it will make meal prep so much easier.
For every meal …
Protein-dense foods (meat, fish, eggs, tofu, dairy):
● Men: 2 palm-sized portions
● Women: 1 palm-sized portion
● Men: 2 fist-sized portions
● Women: 1 fist-sized portion
Carbs (fruits, whole grains, legumes):
● Men: 2 cupped handful-sized portions
● Women: 1 cupped handful-sized portion
Fats (Oils, nuts, nut butters, etc.)
● Men: 2 thumb-sized portions
● Women: 1 thumb-sized portion
So, to recap:
● Men get 2 portions of each food group per meal
● Women get 1 portion of each food group per meal
You can use this as a starting point to see what works for you and your goals, while keeping you feeling nourished, satisfied, and energized!
At Power Athletics, home of CrossFit 30004, we help our clients get fit, rediscover their energy and get stronger with a time tested program. Want to know more? Learn more about our coaching program HERE